Friday, May 10, 2013

Blog 24: Exit Interview Questions

(1) What is your essential question?  What is the best answer to your question and why?
What is most important in making an independent short film? My best answer to this question is a story. A story is most important in making an independent short film because no matter how colorful exotic a film look because of SFX, all of those SFX will be outdated in two years. The movie Avatar by James Cameron is a perfect example. That movie used advance technology of its time but, there was no story behind it. A film needs a story because that is the whole point of film, to relate to an audience and make them cry or laugh. A video with made with a flip video camera that has a good story will last forever.

(2) What process did you take to arrive at this answer?
I arrived at this answer by making sure I interviewed filmmakers. Many freelance filmmakers can be contacted through social networks. I look at their reels, contacted them and interviewed them. They helped me understand my best answer.

(3) What problems did you face?  How did you resolve them?
Two problems I faced was finding summer mentorship and my iSearch paper. To resolve my mentorship I was insistent in contacting the supervisor of the video department at Calvary Chapel Golden Springs and volunteer there. To resolve my iSearch paper I simply had many people review my papers to make sure I had better revisions.

(4) What are the two most significant sources you used to answer your essential question and why?
My two most significant sources are my 4th interview and the book film making for Teens. The book taught me more of the details that go into making a film. My forth interview gave me my best answer.

(5) What is your product and why?
My product is I am a full time volunteer at CCGS, not only am I a better filmmaker but I am a better independent filmmaker, and I have improved my skills as a facilitator. Everyone played the role of a filmmaker sophomore year when we had to make a Frankenstein film. An independent filmmaker is someone who makes artistic video as a form of creativity and self expression, it is somebody who want to do it and does not have to for a project. For one month each day a made a video. As the month went on I improved my planning, filming, editing, and consistency skills.  I also became a Facilitator or Director/Producer.
The job those roles fall under is leadership. For my first independent component I made a short film with the help of a crew. Everything that I used I brought myself. I gathered friends to help me out with lighting and acting. I made sure they memorized their lines, wore the correct outfit, had stage directions, and that there was continuity. I made sure everyone did what they had to do without wasting time so the film was successfully completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment