Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mentorship

Literal
Interpretive
  • The most important thing I learned from my mentorship at Calvary Chapel Golden Springs in video production is how to compose live footage for an audience. I learned to get a variety of shots of a speaker or band and to also include reactions of the crowd. It is one of the hardest jobs because you never know what is going to happen on stage and you have to have control 3 cameras on stand by.
Applied
  • My EQ is "What is most important in making an independent short film?" I am an independent filmmaker and I post my videos online. The videos I like posting most are music videos with a story. I want to film more live concert footage as I will be attending concerts in the future. What my mentorship has taught my is how to well compose a variety of shots of a performance and to include an audience in the shots. The reason it is so important to include the audience in a shot at a live performance is for the viewers at home to feel like they are there. I have learned the best angles that work the importance of keeping the camera steady and will use that technique as I continue to film.

No comments:

Post a Comment